Otter Dance South African Pilgrimage
Pilgrimage Dates: May 15 – May 25, 2018
(South Africa Fire Dance dates are May 11 – 13, 2018)
An unusual and intimate tour for our Otter Dance community & friends.
Calling all adventurous souls! Join us to explore ancient sites, visit indigenous cultures and healers, see the incredible wildlife and experience South Africa’s modern day dynamics and milestones in human rights. This unique pilgrimage will have us shadowing workers in an elephant sanctuary, horse back riding to unmarked waterfalls and historical sites, on wildlife safari, in ceremony with traditional healers AND in between it all…enjoying within our private accommodations, rest & renewal, yoga with Sarah & private ceremony with Robbie, food, drink and, of course, each other’s merriment.
Arrive by May 14 to O.R. Tambo International Airport / Overnight stop at Simunye (home of Fire Dance ceremony)
Elephant Sanctuary and Game Reserves in the Guateng District, May 15-21
- The Cradle of Human Kind
- Shadowing Workers at an Elephant Sanctuary
- Pilanesberg National Wildlife Reserve
- African Market Place
- Ceremony with the Sangoma healers
Lodging stops at:
- Simunye Retreat (1 night)
- Amazing Grace Center (2 nights)
- Hartbeesport Elephant Sanctuary (1 night)
- Pilanesburg National Park (2 nights)
Kaapschehoop, Historical Gold Mining Town in the Mpumalanga District, May 21-24
- Wild horse and Blue Swallow country
- Horseback tours with natural horsemanship guide, Cristo
- The curious natural stone formations of De Kaap Valley
- Adam’s Calendar, oldest known medicine wheel-like structure
Lodging stop at:
- Kaapschehoop Horse Trails and Ranch (2 nights)
Soweto and Johannesburg, May 24-25
- Nelson Mandela’s home and dedicated museum
- A taste of the diverse capital’s food and drink
Lodging stop at:
- Bel Paise B&B and Private Farm Lodging near O.R. Tambo International Airport
Depart May 26 from O.R. Tambo International Airport
Trip budget: $1400 / R20109
- All lodging and reservations handled
- 70% of your meals
- Coordinated transportation within South Africa
- Coordinated transport to and from Johannesburg’s national airport
- Pilanesberg National Reserve access and wildlife tours
- Elephant Sanctuary access and accommodations
- Required access passes for all other sites and museums visited
- Donations to all the medicine people who provide ceremony and teachings
Not included in the above budget are: drive tips; guided horseback tour in Kaapsehoop; Air Fare; travel insurance and visa requirements; adult beverages; some meals
RESERVE YOUR SPACE SOON!
Registration fee (applicable towards the final cost of the trip): $175
Pay via PayPal upon submitting the registration form below. Please note payment is for our South African pilgrimage.
Complete payment due by April 15th, 2018.
Partial payment plan is acceptable as such:
- $400/R5761 by March 10, 2018
- $400/R5761 by April 1, 2018
- $425/R5761 by April 15, 2018
All payment is via PayPal. Please note your email address and that the payment is for our South African pilgrimage.