Otter Dance Norway to Iceland
July 17 – 25, 2018
We are offering to our community and friends-of a chance to travel together as we make our way from the Fire Dance location on the island of Tro, Norway to the Fire Dance location at Mount Esjan, Iceland. In between these dances we will take time to explore the beautiful land and sea-scapes of the Arctic circle between the coast of Norway and Iceland. In exchange for a small fee for our organizers plus the shared costs of lodging and group transport, we invite all to join us. Come for all or part of our journey together through the beautiful, pristine Northern parts of our globe as we co-create this experience together.
Please RSVP to Robbie’s apprentice, Sarah Hemphill @ email@example.com.
Current Path through Scandinavia
Island of Tro, Norway (the island of the Red Dragon) > Island of Rodoyo, Norway, (the island of the Red Lion) > Bodo, Norway, “The Gateway to the Arctic circle” > Reykjavik, Iceland > Thingville National Park and Lake, Iceland > Mount Esjan, Iceland
Optional Tours & Experiences
- Hiking the Red Dragon and Red Lion in Norway
- Fast boat transport through Norway’s famous fjords and islands
- A hike to ancient viking grave sites on Norway’s coast
- A visit to Saltsraumen, world’s strongest tidal current in Bodo’s Maelstrom bay
- Seafood dinner at re-enectment center for ancient Nordic life, Bodo
- The famous Blue Lagoon thermal baths in Reykjavik
- Whale watching tour off Iceland’s coast
- A day in the city of Reykjavik
- A day at world famous Thingvellir Historic and National Park in Iceland
This trek begins on the island of Tro, Norway, where the Fire Dance will be held July 12 – 15, 2018. Travel to the island involves flying into the city of Bodo, Nordland and taking fast boat transport. Travel guidance will be provided by Fire Dance coordinators.
Travel between Norway and Iceland will be via a short flight between Bodo, Norway and Reykjavik, Iceland. Commercial flights are offered by Norwegian, SAS, Icelandic Air and several other major carriers.
The organized portion of our travel ends at our lodging at Mt. Esjan where the Iceland Fire Dance will be held July 29 – August 1, 2018
On-the-ground transport will consist of shared rental vehicles.
Lodging and Costs
Estimate coming soon. Costs will depend in part on how many people are sharing lodging and cars. We will rely primarily upon Air BnB to identify shared lodging options.
Costs and logistics for participating in the Fire Dance are separate.